TAFE working with industry
TAFE is defined by its symbiotic relationship with industry and community. From a beginning in apprenticeships with the traditional trades, TAFE Institutes have responded to the changing definition of industry by building relationships with industry and employers across the wide range of employer requirements for learners across a similarly wide range of job outcomes and qualification levels.
Five TAFE providers showcased examples of their recent and successful engagement with industry at the VTA Conference 2018. The detail of each is provided in the following case studies -
- Holmesglen Institute and the Electrical Trades Union: Futuretech industry collaboration.
- RMIT University and Apple: digital skills for the 21st century
- Wodonga TAFE and the Australian Defence Force: Defence Medics Partnership
- SuniTAFE and Agromillora: Harvesting Productive Relationships
- Swinburne University, AiG and Siemens: Industry 4.0 - Higher Apprenticeship Partnership Project
Each case study addresses a different dimension of the ways in which TAFEs engage with government policy and initiatives and with industry partners to deliver real employment outcomes for their community.