TAFE Board Obligations / Key Legislation
- pdf Obligations Under the Education & Training Reform Act (856 KB)
- pdf Obligations of TAFE Boards Under the Public Administration Act (343 KB)
- pdf TAFE Obligations Financial Management Act 1994 (627 KB)
- document Compliance attestation checklist 2016-17 for the Standing Directions of the Ministrer for Finance 2016 (267 KB)
- pdf Obligations of TAFE Boards OHS (289 KB)
- pdf VET and Related Legislation Webpage June 2017 (192 KB)
Good Governance Guides
As a service to their members and the wider community, Governance Institute of Australia has prepared governance guidance for listed companies, non-listed companies, the public sector and not-for-profit organisations.
Refer to the section column on the right to find the guidance you need.
Governance Materials (VPSC)
Access governance materials on Victorian Public Sector Commission website.
Victorian Public Sector Commission
Appointment and Remuneration Guidelines
Issued by the Department of Treasury and Cabinet, these Guidelines outline the standard processes and principles for appointing and remunerating board members of, and other appointments to, non-departmental entities in Victoria. They apply to full-time and part-time appointments and to unpaid appointments. Guidelines effective from 19 October 2015.
ASX Corporate Governance Council
ASX accepted a leadership role in enhancing Australian corporate governance practices by convening the ASX Corporate Governance Council in August 2002.
The current version of the Council’s Corporate Governance Principles and Recommendations (Third Edition) was released on 27 March 2014.
A Guide for Public Sector CEOs
The Victorian State Services Authority released Serving Victoria: A Guide for Victorian Public Sector CEOs in