VTA State Conference 2008: Sustainable Futures for TAFE
Dates & Venues:
8 May: Dinner - Four Points by Sheraton Geelong
9 May: Conference - Gordon Institute of TAFE
Click here to download the Conference Program (1160KB).
The format for this event included keynote speakers, panel presentations and workshops.
The Hon. Jacinta Allan, Minister for Skills and Workforce Participation formally closed the conference.
Available Speaker Presentations :
Morning Panel Session:
- Employee Engagement at Intrepid Travel (458 KB)
Janine de Kretser, General Manager Human Resources, Intrepid Travel
- Go-Green Australian Apprenticeships (576 KB)
Anna Henderson, Executive Director, Business Skills Victoria
Afternoon Keynote Speech:
- Sustainable Development: Opportunities & Challenges in the VET Sector (854 KB)
Text - Meeting the Challenge of Sustainable Development (48 KB)
John Fein, Professor of Sustainability, Innovation Leadership Program, RMIT University
- TAFE partnerships in sustainability: a National Centre for Sustainability perspective (763 KB)
Dr Garry McDonald, Manager, National Centre for Sustainability, Swinburne University of Technology. Dr McDonald kindly repeated his workshop in the afternoon session in place of Dr Glenn Withers who was unable to attend.
- Sustainable Environment – Climate change
and Victorian infrastructure (8364 KB)
Paul Holper, CSIRO Marine & Atmospheric Research
- Sustainable Environment – How Can TAFE Contribute (1793 KB)
Mick Bourke, Chairman and CEO, EPA Victoria
- Sustainable Human Capital (867 KB)
Katherine Teh-White, Managing Director & Founder, Futureye
Page updated 30 June 2008